twitter




Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Herniated disc and Sciatic pain help?

i am very active and still in my teen years. I hearniated my disc (L4 L5) and have sciatic pain in my left leg and numbness in my foot and knee. The worst part of all is that i am unable to stand up straight and when i am standing i cant lift my head. the tear is 6mm by 16mm. About 3 months ago after a hockey game i noticed what felt like a pulled muscle, so i just ignored it but over the next month, it got worse and worse. For 4 weeks now i have been going to physio therapy where we have been useing laser treatment, electrio therapy, and traction and so far it is the same pain wise but i am able to stand up slightly straight but i still cant raise my head and i still have the numbness . my docter mentioned surgery and i am a little sceptical about that because i am only 18 years old. i would like to know how long people are out for with this injury? What about chiropractor? Have they helped anyone?
Answer:
if the disc is herniated, there is nothing much you can do to cue it
you need the surgerythe herniated disc compressed on the spinal nerves, which are causing the painthose discs won't grow back to their normal places, unlikelyyou can try to see another doctor for a second opinion
I herniated 3 discs in my neck and even though it took several weeks just to be able to move, my chiropractor helped big time. Avoid surgery at all costs, often it only leads to more problems.
Be very careful of the chiropractor with a herniated disc. They are great for some things but not that. I have had 3 surgeries on my L5-S1, the last one with rods, pins and fusion. I have been disabled for 6 years following an auto accident. I currently go to a pain clinic regularly and am having another rhizitomy next week. Please weigh all your options before having surgery. Sometimes though, it is the only option.
consider calling a chiropractor that has a massage therapist that works on site. i know that massage can significantly help with the sciatic pains and can probably also help out a great deal with pain from the h.d, they will just probably need a info from your doctor first. some massage therapists accept insurance, and some insurances pay for massage therapy if the doctor prescribes it, while some even pay for it with out a doctors prescription.
I am so sorry you are experiencing this. for a herniated disc you may find that you will have to settle for pain management and not a full healing. A chiropractor who uses the BEST technique, Bio-Energetic Synchronization Technique, is a good bet. Avoid a chiropractor who wants to twist or jar you. Another person to seek out is a massage therapist who is experienced in clinical treatments, or sports therapy. Not every person out there doing massage knows what to do or not to do for you. One last suggestion is to seek a massage therapist who does Manual Lymph Drainage. I know it's your disc, but you probably still have a lot of swelling around the injury and MLD will decrease it. Less swelling results into less pain. Good luck. To find a great massage therapist in your area go to www.amtamassage.org

1 comment:

  1. Hi this one is great and is really a good post. I think it will help me a lot in the related stuff
    Great article.

    Some information about Los angeles back pain treatment

    ReplyDelete

 
vc .net