twitter




Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Hip/Leg Pains at 21?

I have been getting moderate to severe pains in my hips and down my legs for a while now, it comes and goes and is worse at times than others, but it worries me as it sometimes causes a limp its so bad. It feels like an aching sensation and it burns and tingles on movement. I am seeing my Dr about it tomorrow and would like ideas on what I shoud ask them/what tests I should be having for these symptoms. Any ideas welcome.Many thanks.
Answer:
Hi there, you will be surprised to know that being 21 doesn't exempt you from some of the "old people" stuff out there!! lol
Your symptoms could lead to any number of things, Sciatica is the first thing that I thought of because you mentioned a limp, but that is usually more prevalent in the right hip and leg. You could have a ruptured,or herniated disc. Or even Arthritis.
You should ask your doctor if he will schedule you for an MRI. X Rays do not show everything that needs to be seen.
If you are just seeing a "family doctor" you could ask him/her to refer you to a Neurologist.
Good Luck, I know things like this are a little scary, especially when you are young and every thing is supposed to still work good!!
Nikki, it sounds like you have a touch of Arthritis. Athritis is NOT just an old persons illness, it can affect young and old alike. There are some excellent herbal remedies for it and you can email me if you would like some advice on that.
It sounds as though you may have sciatica. See your doctor. in the mean time take some pain killers.
Sounds to me like Sciatica the sciatic nerve is at the base of your back and when pressure is put on it you would normally get referred pain which means although the problem is in your back you will get the pain elsewhere and with this condition it is normally your bum and legs, I get it in my knees and my bum and leg...and sometimes your toes go numb! Tell your GP the problem and ask is it possible it could be sciatica
It is probably arthritis. You can have it at 21... I do to, though not so bad, I guess. I take ibuprofen. Aspirin will also work. By the way, however much the company doesn't like it, Tylenol is not effective at treating arthritis, as it does not relieve inflammation.
Please do not take this the wrong way but, from my own personal experience, you may be drinking too much.
It could be sciatica however please get a diagnosis, then a second, and third opinion before going through any intense treatment. A heating pad works the best while keeping your leg slightly elevated. You may consider doing some light yoga exercises, there are some stretches just for sciatica pain. I personally have suffered with scoliosis %26 sciatica since I was 8 years old. Without knowing what it was. Come to find out many years later, my scoliosis started progressing after being hit by a truck, and the sciatic nerve then became pinched. If I had not found out when I did a surgeon was going to remove the rod %26 6 screws in my leg that had been there 15 years!
I agree with the earlier reply it could be sciatica.But it might be signs of osteoarthritis or gout,there are many variations of arthritis.I hope it goes well for you.
good luck, nikki, sounds like arthritis to me.
I'm also 21, and i am in constant excrutiating agony.(sonce the beginning of the year) I'm waiting, for yet another doctors apointment, but my docotor is soooo rubbish.
Let me know what they say, i'd like to know, so that i an also prepare for what to say to my doc, cos as yet i have no diagnosis.
i'm pretty sure it's arthritis, if it is, i'm buggered.
Good luck 鈾?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net