twitter




Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Hey guys i,m a drummer. and i looking for the best way to loosen up my wrists, any ideas?


Answer:
OK, I'm not even going to go there!! lol
But seriously, extend your arms with a tight grip on your stix and move them with a quick twist (left%26right) just go back and forth using you wrist only. Do this all the time between breaks or when ever possible.
Practice pad.
I'm a drummer, too.I do lots of swimming, sign language, and typing to loosen up my wrists.The downside to the typing and sign language is that you can develop carpal tunnel from anything repetetive (even drumming), so for me, swimming is the best...
ahem.
grasp your wrist with other hand, do hand circles in one direction, then switch directions. After circles, hand extensions (back of hand towards back of forearm), then hand flexing (the other way) Slowly and methodically for each stretch. This will help obtain the flexibility that you seek.
Massage!
To loosen your wrists and prevent injury, ice your wrists after long practice/play sessions. Apply ice for ten minutes on, ten minutes off, and repeat.
For long term looseness, get a wrist and arm massage from a professional a few times. Pay attention to what she does, and then you will be able to do it yourself. Massage your wrists every day. Anyone who works with their hands and arms will find this helpful.
Where arm weight while you masterbate, or while you wipe your ***, works, trust me!
I just warm up on a practice pad for 10 -15 minutes before a gig.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net