twitter




Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Herniated disc or lower back sprain?

I hurt my back about a week 1/2 ago by lifting something heavy. Went to Chiro who thought it was probably a muscle sprain after evaluation. The pain was into to my butt not my leg. Sharp pain mostly when putting pressure on it, or bending. The pain was getting a little better. I went running (I know stupid!) and the pain returned with a vengeance. I met a orthopedic MD when I was on vacation who stretched me and readjusted my back. Felt better right after but pain eventually came back. I've been taking advil and stretching since saturday. went back to chiro for massage. Mosty now it only hurts when I step forward and pressure on it. I keep stretching. In certain positions I feel my leg pop and feels locked. Is that bad? How long before it heals? Am I taking the right steps toward treatment? Any ideas or suggestions?
Answer:
I am a runner and I did the same thing. My chiro said it would take three weeks to heal. The first time it happened I kept running and it did not get better until I stopped. It hurt all the time. It happened recently (a year after the first time) and I did not run for 8 days. Now I run but no speed work yet. When I feel something funny I go back to the chiro. It will get better but it takes a while. You have to rest and do core workouts. It is very frustrating. Ride a bike and do core workouts and be patient.
I have been there before and it is no fun. A sprain can take weeks to heal and over the counter anti-inflammatory with ice/heat therapy will make it feel better.I had a herniated disc in my lower back and it hurt like hell. Pain in my butt, my leg, my back and it hurt to do anything especially going from a sitting to a standing position or visa versa.Contact The American Back Institute and ask about VAX-D therapy. It stands for Vertebral Axial Decompression. I was 26 yrs old when I hurt my back and I was told that the only option I had was surgery and pain management. So my normal life was over as I knew it. I heard a commercial on the radio (10 yrs ago) about this new therapy and I had to give it a try. After the therapy was over (32 days worth) I was 100% healed. The disc is actually back in place and I have not had ANY problems from it in over 10 yrs now.good luck
go to a bone doc or a brain doc

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net