twitter




Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Hip problems?

i broke my hip when i was 15 and im now 21 and still to this day i suffer from alot of pain i have good days and bad days im going to see my doctor about it but i want some advice is there anything i can take for the pain?
Answer:
No doubt you are taking the usual analgesics.. OTC aspirin, Motrin, Tylenol and the like. Obviously your doctor will need to prescribe Rx medication to manage your pain. I fractured 3 vertebrae in my back from a mountain climbing (falling actually!) way back in 1987. Like you, I still suffer pain from that injury several times every year. I am sort of lucky however. I get migraines form time to time and have narcotic pain pills that my doctor prescribed. I use them when my back pain gets bad. And hold on everyone my doctor knows that I use those pain meds and he approves. One thing you might want to ask your doctor about is the use of amytripyline (amitriptyline) in low dosages as a prophylactic measure in preventing or reducing your hip pain. Hope you and your doctor can come up with a plan to eliminate or reduce your hip pain without the frequent use of narcotics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net