twitter




Sunday, October 25, 2009

Help! I got stabbed by a pencil and I don't know what to do...?

ok, so this kid In my class stabbed my right ring finger right before we began the 8th grade Social Studies State Test. He looked at his pencil and some of the sharp tip was gone. I started to bleed a lot and freak out. But I'll try to make this as quick as possible. After I got to the nurse鈥檚 office the bleeding stop (but there was blood all over my hands because he punctured right into a blood vessel). She said that it was either my blood stops fast or I got graphite in it. It turns out the graphite is deep in my dermis and very painful to get out. Can anyone answer either or all of the fallowing?-How to get the graphite out with less pain?
-Will the mark stay on my finger forever?
-Will the graphite effect my body (ie. Sickness, poisoning)
-How long will I have pain in my write and lower arm or is that even normal?Thanks for you help, it's all greatly appreciated ^-^
Answer:
A) Getting the Graphite out- either pry it out with some tweezers, or put some neosporin over it, and it should work itself out. It won't hurt you if you leave it in, though.b) Yes, the mark will stay forever. Congratuations, you've been tattooed. It will form a small, round grayish blue mark. I've got several of them.c) The reason they switched from lead to graphite is that graphite isn't poisonous. You can leave the graphite end in there, if you wish.. it won't poison you.d) Pain isn't good. Obviously, you got stabbed, so its going to hurt, but if you feel tingling in your finger or arm, go to a doctor. Its possible the pencil may have caused nerve damage, or may be pressing on a nerve. In that case, it needs to be removed by a doctor.I really hope you got that kid in trouble for stabbing you- what a nasty kid!
Go to the emergency room RIGHT NOW and get that looked at.Send the bill to the other kids family. They are entirely liable and you can sue them if they don't pay.
How long will I have pain in my write and lower arm or is that even normal?... about a week
there are thousands of kids who have bits of graphite in their hands from pencils. don't worry.
Graphite is not poisonous. Its carbon, and we are carbon based creatures.I still have a small mark in my hand from the 3rd grade. I am 54.Your body may slowly push it out. If it is painful, use ice. If a lot of pain, see a doctor, who may recommend a minor surgery to remove it.Definitely notify your parents, teacher, and principal about the kid that stabbed you.
You can easily get lead poisoning. This happened to someone in my class. You should go the emergency room and see a dr. as soon as possible.! bettyk
Well..you might want to get that looked at infection can be an issue but if your determined not to go to a doc. One no need to worry about poisoning or anything....they aren't lead anymore. if your gonna try to dig it out yourself get some tweezers and sterilize them with alcohol or open flame. try to well dig it out. you might have to use a needle. once you get it out clean it well peroxide or alcohol and then use some antibiotic sab on it and keep it clean.
My sister did this to me all the time. Pinch the wound as hard as you can an the pencil tip will pop out. Ooo-Rah!
I would treat the graphite like a splinter. I would use a simple sewing needle to push it up and then I would take a pair of tweezers to pull the graphite out of the finger. Make sure you do sterilize the needle and tweezers first and after doing this. If you are having pain in your arms from this, I would tell your parent(s) and try to make an appointment with a doctor. They can get this out easily and probably less painfully than what you can. If you also go to a doctor, he or she can answer all of your questions for you better than we can. Good luck and I hope you feel better.
Dig out the chunk of graphite like you would a sliver. Yes, it will hurt, but not as much as leaving it in. It's a very minor injury, don't worry about poisoning, you'll be fine. If you get a little tiny scar, hide it with a big plaster cast so you can get all the attention you need for your owie. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net