twitter




Saturday, October 31, 2009

Help!! MAJOR ANKLE PAIN!?

Hey guys! I'm a cheerleader %26 i have been tumbling for the past 3 days %26 my ankles are killing me! Today at practice I had my coach wrap them but, i still felt nothin but pain. It hurts really bad to stand on them (expecially when i tumble!) I stretch them REALLY good before %26 after practice too. My mom wont take me to the doctor because she says "all the doctor is going to say is rest on them." And of course, that's what I do all the time (except for when i have cheer) I don't know what to do anymore! Please answer if you have any solutions! Thanks guys!
Answer:
Sounds like you have ankle instability. Your mom should take you to see an orthopedic doctor and get a referral for physical therapy to strengthen your ankle muscles so that you ankles can better handle the demands placed on them by the tumbling.
ice them up. 20 minutes on and 15 minutes off. are they bruised? you could have possible compression fractures commonly known as stress fractures in them. i had those while i played softball and never knew it until i couldnt take the pain one day and begged to see the doctor and sure enough stres sfractures of both ankles. so becareful with it ice up and see how you do. good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net