twitter




Saturday, October 31, 2009

Help... ouchy sunburn?

hey any home remedies for really bad sun burn i have been applying aloe vera all day.. it's pretty painful. thanks in advance
maddi
Answer:
Your sunblock was shot. It did not protect you. Lotions lose their potency over a year. Buy new stuff every year. Especially since you have already had skin cancer.
Aloe vera is GREAT ~ I use it myself when I've had too much sun. You can use solarcaine (it has an anesthetic to dull the pain if its very painful). In a day or so it will feel better.
Maybe you should go to a Doctor if the degree of sunburn is too great. Do you think it is more than a first degree burn? Redness only. If it blistered it's second degree - go to a doctor.
Just keep adding more Aloe Vera, try to stay off of it. Go to your doctor if it doesnt get better
Aloe lotion.
use some NOXEMA, my mom used to put it on us when we got really bad sunburns. something in it draws out the stinging, and cools it off at the same time.
If you were burned by accident, vinegar gives great temporary and fast pain relief. If you intentionally exposed yourself to the sun-- suffer-- I hope it hurts and that you learned a lesson about UV radiation and skin damage###########################Okay-- then go with the vinegar.
Noxema
ive heard pure lavender essential oil and olive oil on the burn can moisturize skin and keep peeling to a minimum. also a cooling aloe vera gel, or one with vitamin e can help. take an aspirin to reduce pain.
I've always heard vinegar was supposed to take the sting out. I remember my ex using it as well when he'd get burned bad. Also, I remember as a kid hearing that Noxema was supposed to be good for sunburns as well. If the aloe isn't working, I'd give the vinegar a try, can't hurt.
I usually use teabags. Boil some water and then put one or two teabags in the water. After they soaked for a minute or two, take out the teabags and gently pat them over your sunburn. Do not wipe off the tea water. It's usually relieved in the morning. Good Luck!
Aloe vera is a great natural remedy for sunburns, but if thats not helping enough, try something with lidocaine or benzocaine in it. I would suggest Solarcaine, but you can find similar products in the drugstore or pharmacy aisle of other stores.
Solarcane, i have always had really fair skin even when i used sunblock, my momma used to spray it on my when I got sunburned it made it feel so much better. Ask your doctor about it though. Even if you don't have insurance or things of that nature. Because one year I got some seriously bad burns with a ton of blisters. Luckily he knew the local mad scientist pharmacist who made a concoction that I put on my back with cotton balls. Took the pain away. The main point. Use all of your resources to get the quickest healing time and best results
If it just happened, give it a day or two before applying thick lotions or creams. Those tend to hold in the heat and can make a relatively simple sunburn blister. Apply aloe vera but don't overdo it...good luck. Remember suntan lotion next time!
put the aloe vera in the fridge, then when it is good and cold, put that on the sunburn. Ahhhhh

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net