twitter




Sunday, October 25, 2009

Help! I have a terrible migraine and I'm pregnant.?

I work 8 hours a day under horrible lighting at a fragrance counter. And normally it doesn't affect me, since yesterday I have had a terrible migraine that rest and tylenol will not work against. I went to the doctor who said she would still only let me take tylenol. Any other safe and natural remedies?
Answer:
Between the lighting and the fragrance you definitely have a lot to contend with. Lie in a darkened room and Place an ice pack on the back of your neck and a cold towel on your forehead. Do this for fifteen minutes then remove the ice pack and lay quietly for 30 minutes.
Just to let you know that some of those fancy feature lights can reach 140 degrees F. If you are pregnant, you might find the heat from the lights uncomfortable. Sorry about your migraine. It must suck that if you are pregnant and can't take meds.
It's ok to take two excedrin. The same thing happened to me when I was around five months pregnant. Tylenol wasn't working so I popped two excedrin and the pain went away. And my daughter is now 5 - no birth defects, no nothing.
Drink lots and lots of water. I know that this sounds too simple, but it worked for me, when I was pregnant. I ignored the doctor the first time he said it, but when the headaches continued, I decided to give it a try. It worked. Your body is overworked and needs more water than normal. Hope this helps you, too!
There is a new development in migraine therapy:
http://www.neurologyreviews.com/feb04/nr...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net