twitter




Saturday, October 31, 2009

Help, my cat has an injured ear (bite, I think), it is infected, .?

What can I do now until I get her to the vet? I already cleaned it with hydrogen peroxide and when I pushed on her ear, it "popped" and pus and a little blood came from the ear (flap part, not internal).
Answer:
you did the right thing by cleaning it with peroxide. You can put some neosporin on it. She wont lick it off, just put a thin layer on. Repeat this about three times a day. When you get to the vet's office they will probably put her on an antibiotic, like Cefadroxil, which is great for skin infections. He/She might also give you an antibacterial ointment. But the peroxide works great. My cat also got a scratch from a cat and that's what she was given.
put an antibiotic ointment on it
Tell her boyfriend not to nibble on her ear so hard.
That's all you can do .... though I''m confused why this is in First Aid and not the pets section .... they don't teach us 1st Aiders how to treat moggys
Put triple antibiotic on it..Make sure it is on an open part of the wound though, or it won't do anygood. My cat got attacked and her face swelled and we used it and she got well quickly...she didn't like it too much, but you know how cats are :)
The best you can do is continue with the peroxide and put neosporin on it. She has an abcess which will require surgery. My cat had the same thing... poor kitty.hope she feels better

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net